A 48-year-old government school teacher and her 18 year-old daughter committed suicide here by hanging themselves, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Anita and her daughter Siya.
According to police, Anita was posted at a government school in the city’s Najafgarh area and was residing in a flat with her family. Her daughter Siya was a student of Class 12.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“A call was received at 7.35 a.m. Anita and Siya were found hanging in separate rooms from ceiling fans,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South West) Surendra Kumar told IANS.
“The house was locked from inside. We have also recovered a three-page suicide note,” Kumar added.
Anita’s husband Satpal Yadav is also a government school teacher, while their son, Aditya, is a second year medical student.
“Her husband and son were not at home and were in Jaipur,” Kumar added.