A 47-year-old orthopedic surgeon of a civil hospital in Gurgaon was arrested on Sunday for allegedly raping a patient, police said. The 44-year-old victim in her complaint to the police on Friday alleged she recently visited Dr Arvind Jindal at Gurgaon civil hospital following pain in her leg which was operated upon by him two years ago, a senior police officer said.
Jindal advised her for an X-ray and when she visited the hospital with the report she was asked to wait. When the hospital OPD closed, Jindal took her to his friend in Dwarka on the pretext that he would help her get a job in an NGO.
Later, he took her to his flat in southwest Delhi’s Dwarka area and raped her there, he said, adding the doctor also allegedly threatened her of dire consequences if she reported the matter to police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Initially, she kept quiet but approached police on October 7, he said, adding the doctor was arrested the same day.
“We have conducted the medical examination of the victim which confirmed rape,” the officer said. A case under section 376 (punishment for rape) of IPC has been registered against the accused, he added.