An estranged wife’s charge that her husband had threatened to post her obscene pictures on porn sites to secure divorce has been taken serious note of by a city court, which rejected the man’s plea to stop criminal proceedings against him and his parents. The wife had alleged that after she had lodged a domestic violence case against them, the husband had forcibly obtained her signatures on a divorce petition and raped her at a hotel.
She had alleged that before threatening to upload obscene pictures on the porn site, the man had also created a false profile on a matrimonial site and uploaded an objectionable advertisement on another website.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Additional Sessions Judge Praveen Kumar dismissed the appeal filed by the accused against an order of a magisterial court which had framed charges against the man and his parents in the case.
“From the material placed on record, I am of the opinion that cognisance was rightly taken by the trial court against the petitioner for the alleged offences,” the judge said.
The magisterial court had taken cognisance of the alleged offences punishable under section 376B (intercourse by public servant with woman in his custody), 354D (stalking), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation), 120B (criminal conspiracy), 34 (common intention) of IPC.
In her complaint filed in the magisterial court, the woman had said after getting married in August 2011, she had filed a case of domestic violence against her husband and in- law, alleging cruelty and criminal breach of trust.
“After filing of the domestic violence case, accused not only posted her photograph and a false profile on matrimonial site but also uploaded an objectionable advertisement on an internet website due to which a number of unknown persons started visiting her house causing harassment to her…
“Further, under the threat of uploading her pictures on porn sites, her husband obtained her signatures on divorce petition and took her to a hotel in Haryana and established physical relations against her will,” the complaint said, adding that the husband had also threatened her with dire consequences.