A cab driver was electrocuted while trying to save two persons who had come in contact with a high tension power line in northwest Delhi’s Jehangirpuri area, police said on Sunday.
Shailendra, 48, was at his house in D-Block of Jehangirpuri when he heard commotion outside around 10.30 PM on Sunday. He found that his neighbours, Sunil and Rajiv, had come in contact with the power line while carrying a cot downstairs.
Police said that Shailendra sustained severe burns as he tried to save the two men. He was rushed to hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Sunil and Rajiv were also taken to the hospital and were undergoing treatment.
Police said the body of Shailendra was handed over to his family members after an autopsy on Monday.