Two robbers Saturday looted cash and jewellery after taking an elderly woman hostage at gun point in Timarpur area of north Delhi, police said. The incident, which was caught on CCTV, occurred around 7.30 AM when 60-year-old Vinod was alone in her house in Gandhi Vihar area, a senior police officer said.
The woman told police that she had responded to a doorbell and as soon as she opened the door the duo barged inside, he said. After threatening her at gun point the culprits tied her down and thrashed her to know where she had kept money and jewellery, the officer added. They looted around Rs four lakh cash and jewellery worth Rs two lakh, he said, adding police have the CCTV footage and is trying to identify the robbers.
It is suspected that they at some point of time were tenants of the woman, the officer said. A case was registered under relevant sections of IPC at Timarpur police station. The woman has a married daughter who lives in Ludhiana while she lives alone at Gandhi Vihar.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Investigators are also checking the call details of the woman to find out if someone known to her was involved in the robbery.