17-yr-old girl first victim of dengue this year, Delhi govt plans to open more clinics

According to civic authorities, the number of dengue cases reported from Delhi was 38 while 52 cases were reported from other states.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Updated: July 27, 2016 6:59 am

The capital Tuesday reported its first dengue death this year, with a 17-year-old girl succumbing to the vector-borne disease.

Farheen, a resident of Jafrabad in northeast Delhi, died at Lok Nayak Jai Prakash (LNJP) Hospital on July 21. According to officials, she was admitted to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital after showing symptoms of dengue. She later tested positive for the disease. “She was shifted to LNJP Hospital on July 20 after her condition turned serious. She died the next morning,” said an official.

According to civic authorities, the number of dengue cases reported from Delhi was 38 while 52 cases were reported from other states.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Satyendar Jain said the government is “prepared” to tackle the virus and has planned to open 350 dengue clinics. “Last year, we opened 55 dengue clinics and we are trying to open 350 this year. About 95 per cent of dengue cases can be treated at home, so we have tried to reach out to people through these special clinics.”

At least 90 dengue cases have been reported in the capital this season, said officials.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results