The newly appointed Goa Lokayukta Justice (Retd) P K Misra has asked government officials to declare their assets and liabilities to the Lokayukta or face action for non-compliance.
Besides the 2015-2016 performa, the chief of the anti-corruption watchdog has also asked the officials for documents related to 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15.
“Public functionaries are informed that they are required to file their respective statement of assets and liabilities… before June 30, 2016,” the May 9 order said.
- Anna Hazare slams Modi govt over failure to appoint Lokpal, threatens fresh protest
- Will go to court seeking Lokayukta in Tamil Nadu: DMK
- Lokayukta strike rate: Action in barely 1% complaints in 3 years
- Goa Lokayukta asks public functionaries to submit details
- Goa Lokayukta to take ahead probe in illegal mining cases
- Goa Lokayukta to be sworn-in on Thursday
The order also stated that non-compliance to the direction would attract consequences as per sub-section (2) of Section 21 of the Goa Lokayukta Act 2011.
On April 28, Goa government had appointed P K Mishra as the state’s Lokayukta after a gap of nearly two-and-half years. The post had been lying vacant since October 2013 following the resignation of the state’s first Lokayukta, Justice Sudarshan Reddy, who quit barely seven months after his appointment citing personal reasons.
According to sources, nearly a dozen corruption cases have been registered at the Lokayukta’s office in the last two years.