A day after suspending two police officers, including an SP, for lathicharging people outside a Fatehpur bank, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav instructed top officials to deal sympathetically with those standing in queues trying to withdraw money or exchange notes.
“The state government is with the people who are facing problems in the wake of demonetisation, and will provide all help possible,” Akhilesh said in a statement here.
Instructing District Magistrates and Police Superintendents to deal with all sections of society with a sympathetic and sensitive attitude, the chief minister warned respective district administrations that those found responsible for inappropriate behaviour with people will face stern action.
The chief minister also directed all DMs to ensure that farmers do not face any problem in procuring seeds, fertilisers and other goods since rabi sowing is currently on.
Yesterday, the CM had taken serious note of lathi charge on people standing in queue at a bank in Fatehpur and suspended Superintendent of Police Ram Kishore and SHO Sanjay Kumar Yadav.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The action was taken after a video of a policeman lathicharging people standing at the bank in Kishnupur area went viral on social media with local channels also airing it.
“The work of police is to help people, who are already troubled due to demonetisation. Lathi charging them is not good,” he had stated.