On the second day of Navratras, 31,000 devotees visited the Mansa Devi temple and Kali Mata temple in Kalka, which jointly received donations of Rs 15.24 lakh on Sunday.
Chief executive officer V G Goyal said: “Total donations of Rs 15.24 lakh was received at the two temples. While Rs 11.10 lakh was received at the Mansa Devi temple, Rs 3.9 lakh was donated at Kalka temple.”
Apart from that, 10 gold ornaments, 100 silver jewellery, 10 American dollars, 10 Canadian dollars and 10 Euro were also donated to the temple. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar also visited the Kali Mata temple to pay obeisance on the second day of Navratras. He extended greetings to the people on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti and urged them to contribute to the development of the state.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Paying tributes to the Father of the Nation, Khattar said the country had attained freedom because of the efforts made by great leaders like him, who worked on the principles of peace and non-violence. “Mahatma Gandhi laid great emphasis on cleanliness. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set a target to achieve cleanliness throughout the country by his 150th birth anniversary in 2019. The state government has also set a target to make the state clean by October 2, 2017,” he said.
He added that the day was also being observed as ‘Gram Sachivalaya Divas’ in the state. Ministers, MPs and MLAs will meet the people in Gram Sachivalayas. Apart from this, members of panchayats will prepare outlines for development works in association with the people so that villages may also be developed on the pattern of cities, the chief minister said.