Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thusday said that Pakistan has been “exposed” after David Headley’s revelations, but made it clear that India wants to maintain cordial relations with that country.
“David Headley deposition has exposed Pakistan but we still want to maintain cordial relationship with Pakistan’, he told reporters at the airport.
- JK governor N N Vohra meets Rajnath Singh
- Lotus to bloom in Tripura after Assembly polls: Rajnath Singh
- Govt bringing in rapid development in rural infrastructure, assures Rajnath Singh in poll bound Karnataka
- The strange pardon of Headley
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after David Headley repeats Ishrat Jahan-LeT link
- Pak stands exposed over Headley’s claim: Rajnath Singh
Singh also expressed his condolences over the demise of Siachen brave heart Lans Naik Hanumanthappa.
“I salute the brave army man and his bravery in Siachen. I pray that God will give his family strength”, he said.
Singh is in the city to attend the concluding function of the state-wide Vimochana Yatra undertaken by BJP state President Kummanan Rajasekharan.
Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley on Thursday told a special court in Mumbai that Ishrat Jahan–who was killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2004 in Gujarat–was an operative of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba(LeT)
Headley, who testified via video-link from US, had picked up her name when questioned by Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam about a “botched-up operation” mentioned to him (Headley) by LeT commander Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi.