Pakistani-American LeT operative David Headley on Monday made several explosive revelations in his deposition before a Mumbai court. Headley told the court that Mumbai was unsuccessfully targetted two times before the 26/11 terror attack. He revealed that he joined LeT after being “influenced” by JuD chief Hafiz Saeed and had met “Major Iqbal” of Pakistan ISI.
The court, which is hearing the deposition via teleconference, heard that he changed his name from Daood Gilani in 2006 so that he could enter India. He told the court that he visited India seven times before the 26/11 terror attack and also came back for another visit later.
Headley, who became an approver in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case, will continue his deposition tomorrow between 7 am and 12.30 pm.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
David Headley has made some sensitive revelation: Ujjawal Nikam, Special Public Prosecutor pic.twitter.com/29mc7OEo56
— ANI (@ANI_news) February 8, 2016
# I intended to go to Kashmir to fight against Indian troops, but they (Lakhvi) didn’t send me: David Headley deposing before Mumbai court
# During these courses they also taught us that India is enemy of Islam: David Headley
# I met Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhavi and Hafiz Saeed sahab during “leadership courses”. They used to give religious ‘jihad’ speeches, said David Headley.
# Joined LeT after being “influenced” by its head Hafeez Saeed, Headley tells court.
# David Headley said that he did LeT’s work on directions of Hafiz Saeed, says his lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani.
# Dr. Tahawwur Hussain Rana was my schoolmate for 5 years. After school, Rana became a doctor in Pakistan Army in Rawalpindi: David Headley
# Dr. Tahawwur Hussain Rana helped me to get Indian visa. I met him in a military school in Punjab province: David Headley
# Major Ali introduced me to Major Iqbal of Pakistan ISI: David Headley deposes before Mumbai court.
# Major Ali thought that I will be beneficial for gathering intelligence from India: David Headley deposes before Mumbai court
# During interrogation I gave information to Major Ali that I’m holding a business office in India: David Headley
# During my arrest, Major Ali came to interrogate me and I was having some Indian literature in my possession: David Headley
# I and retired major Abdur Rehman Pasha were arrested in Landi Kotal near Pak-Afghan border because I looked like a foreigner: Headley
# 3rd and final attack on Mumbai was successful (26/11): David Headley deposing before Mumbai Court
# 2nd attempt to attack Mumbai made in October 2008, those involved in 1st attempt were involved in this as well, but attack failed: Headley
# 1st attempt was made in Sept 2008 but boat hit rocks in the ocean, weapons &explosives lost but those on board survived: Headlley deposing
# 2 attempts were made to attack Mumbai prior to 26/11: David Headley deposing before Mumbai court
# I was a true follower of LeT
# I changed my name so that I could enter India with an Amrican name. I disclosed this to my contact in LeT Sajid Mir. After I changed my name, within few weeks I visited Pakistan.
# After receiving new passport I visited India 8 times, out of 8 times I visited Mumbai 7 times. All my visits to India were directly from Pakistan and except 1 from UAE.
# Sajid Mir (LeT) specified object of his intention before my first visit to India. He asked me to take general video of Mumbai city.
# After 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks I visited India on 7th March 2009 from Lahore to Delhi
# All details except place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality & passport number,were incorrect in my visa application.