Pakistani-American LeT operative David Headley on Monday made several explosive revelations in his deposition before a Mumbai court. Headley told the court that Mumbai was unsuccessfully targetted two times before the 26/11 terror attack. He revealed that he joined LeT after being “influenced” by JuD chief Hafiz Saeed and had met “Major Iqbal” of Pakistan ISI.
The court, which is hearing the deposition via teleconference, heard that he changed his name from Daood Gilani in 2006 so that he could enter India. He told the court that he visited India seven times before the 26/11 terror attack and also came back for another visit later.
Headley, who became an approver in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case, will continue his deposition tomorrow between 7 am and 12.30 pm.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
David Headley has made some sensitive revelation: Ujjawal Nikam, Special Public Prosecutor pic.twitter.com/29mc7OEo56
— ANI (@ANI_news) February 8, 2016
# I intended to go to Kashmir to fight against Indian troops, but they (Lakhvi) didn’t send me: David Headley deposing before Mumbai court
# During these courses they also taught us that India is enemy of Islam: David Headley
# I met Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhavi and Hafiz Saeed sahab during “leadership courses”. They used to give religious ‘jihad’ speeches, said David Headley.
# Joined LeT after being “influenced” by its head Hafeez Saeed, Headley tells court.
# David Headley said that he did LeT’s work on directions of Hafiz Saeed, says his lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani.
# Dr. Tahawwur Hussain Rana was my schoolmate for 5 years. After school, Rana became a doctor in Pakistan Army in Rawalpindi: David Headley
# Dr. Tahawwur Hussain Rana helped me to get Indian visa. I met him in a military school in Punjab province: David Headley
# Major Ali introduced me to Major Iqbal of Pakistan ISI: David Headley deposes before Mumbai court.
# Major Ali thought that I will be beneficial for gathering intelligence from India: David Headley deposes before Mumbai court
# During interrogation I gave information to Major Ali that I’m holding a business office in India: David Headley
# During my arrest, Major Ali came to interrogate me and I was having some Indian literature in my possession: David Headley
# I and retired major Abdur Rehman Pasha were arrested in Landi Kotal near Pak-Afghan border because I looked like a foreigner: Headley
# 3rd and final attack on Mumbai was successful (26/11): David Headley deposing before Mumbai Court
# 2nd attempt to attack Mumbai made in October 2008, those involved in 1st attempt were involved in this as well, but attack failed: Headley
# 1st attempt was made in Sept 2008 but boat hit rocks in the ocean, weapons &explosives lost but those on board survived: Headlley deposing
# 2 attempts were made to attack Mumbai prior to 26/11: David Headley deposing before Mumbai court
# I was a true follower of LeT
# I changed my name so that I could enter India with an Amrican name. I disclosed this to my contact in LeT Sajid Mir. After I changed my name, within few weeks I visited Pakistan.
# After receiving new passport I visited India 8 times, out of 8 times I visited Mumbai 7 times. All my visits to India were directly from Pakistan and except 1 from UAE.
# Sajid Mir (LeT) specified object of his intention before my first visit to India. He asked me to take general video of Mumbai city.
# After 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks I visited India on 7th March 2009 from Lahore to Delhi
# All details except place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality & passport number,were incorrect in my visa application.