The third day of 26/11 scout David Headley’s testimony was cancelled on Wednesday after the video link encountered a technical glitch on the American side. Headley, a US citizen, is an approver in the trial of Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, who is accused of being a part of the 26/11 terror attack conspiracy.
At 6.15 am, a two-member team of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch waited as usual for the Americans to establish connection. However, the test failed as they couldn’t connect to the undisclosed location from where Headley has been deposing for the last two days in the presence of a state attorney and two of his lawyers.
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
For security purposes, it is the Americans who establish the video link to the television screen at a special court at the Bombay City Civil and Sessions Court. At 7 am, when Judge G A Sanap entered, the police were still waiting for connection to be established.
For the few seconds when the connection was established at 8 am, all that was visible was a large glass-fronted building inside a sprawling wooded complex and a lake in the background. After nearly an hour’s wait, a short break was announced as the court decided to wait till 9:30 am to take a final call on the day’s proceedings.
At 10 am, a representative of the American Embassy received a call from the US, saying that efforts to repair the connection were unsuccessful.
“Despite efforts to repair the line from the American side, the deposition could not be conducted today. There was no problem on our part,” said special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.