Hundreds of students from universities across several states participated in ‘Chalo University of Hyderabad — Justice for Rohith Vemula’ protest rally Monday morning, raising tensions at the university campus for a few hours. Student representatives from 12 universities — including Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi, Patna, West Bengal, and other places — converged at the the university to express solidarity with the protesting students.
The protest, that unfolded amid police presence on the campus, remained peaceful.
A team of doctors, meanwhile, checked on the health of the new batch of fasting students — Amala Agnes, K Pramila, B Pratik, Mubashir Hamid, Hari Krishna, Devi Prasad and Kiran Kumar Goud.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Students’ Joint Action Committee for Social Justice stated that they will not allow the university to function until Vice-Chancellor P Appa Rao was made to step down. The university did not function for the eighth day Monday.