BJP candidates contesting the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) elections, scheduled to be held on February 2, faced protests when they went to colonies with a sizeable Dalit population.
Angry residents either chased away BJP candidates or asked them to go back from as many as 65 municipal wards.
- BSP supremo Mayawati takes fight to Mulayam's turf; slams SP, BJP
- GHMC elections: KCR, Chandrababu Naidu in battle for control of Hyderabad
- In 2002 Gujarat riot colony, BJP opens an election office
- At Ramabai Nagar, mood turns against RPI
- For Dalits, BJP offers a choice other than Maya
- In ward 5,two men seek redemption
“Why does BJP need votes from anti-nationals and casteists? Go away, go away,” the crowds chanted, as candidates retreated.
On Sunday, Dalit leaders are expected to take out a rally urging Dalits not to vote for the BJP. “The policies of the BJP and the harassment of ABVP led to Rohith Vemula’s suicide. Why should we vote for BJP? We will walk through 65 wards where there is a sizeable population of Dalits and appeal to them not to vote for BJP candidates,” B Brahma Prasad, Telangana state president of Mala Sangham, said.
Huge banners were also put up in many colonies asking “anti-Dalit people” not to come asking for votes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More