Five persons were nabbed by Cyberabad police on charges of drug-peddling and some contrabands were seized from them on Sunday. Acting on an information, the special operation team of Cyberabad police intercepted a vehicle at around 4 AM in Shamshabad and apprehended three persons, Mukhesh Singh, Shushruth and Krishnakanth, an official release said.
Based on their interrogation, police chased another vehicle and nabbed Mehar Charan and Madhav at Gachibowli.
‘Ecstasy’, methamphetamine and two other drugs, suspected to be brought from Goa, were seized from them.
On enquiry, Mehar Charan revealed that he purchased the drugs from Goa for Rs 50,000 in order to sell it for high
profit, police said. The Cyberabad police is looking into the organised drug syndicates operating from Goa and the drug-peddlers operating in the city limits, the release said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The five are being questioned and further probe is on, police added.