A CRPF jawan was seriously injured in a pressure bomb explosion, allegedly triggered by naxals, in the dense forest of Sukma district today, police said. “The incident took place this afternoon when a team of paramilitary personnel was out on area domination operation in Jagargunda police station area,” a senior police official told PTI.
The blast occurred when a jawan stepped on the pressure IED (improvised explosive device) connection while security forces were cordoning off a forested patch at Rajpenta between Narsapuram and Jagargunda villages, about 450 km away from here, the official said.
“Head Constable Kamal Dev of CRPF’s 74th battalion sustained serious injuries,” he said.
Reinforcement was rushed to the spot and Dev was brought to the camp where, after preliminary treatment he was airlifted to Raipur for further medication, the official said.
A combing operation has been launched in the region to trace the perpetrators of the blast, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More