A 21-year-old Nigerian man allegedly killed his friend on Sunday night in Nalasopara, Palaghar district about 70 km away from Mumbai after an argument over Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi turned sour.
Michael Chukwuma, 21, used a shard of glass to attack his friend Obina Durumchukwu, 34, who was celebrating his birthday, following an argument over who the better player was — Ronaldo or Messi.
- Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi: Race for top scorer heats up in La Liga
- Lionel Messi breaks Cristiano Ronaldo’s record of fastest to 100 Champions League goals
- Lionel Messi is a player who is born once every 50 years, says Antonio Conte
- Lionel Messi creates record, scores 100th goal in Champions League
- Neymar will win Ballon d’Or after Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi slow down, says Xavi
- Cristiano Ronaldo trailing in Lionel Messi’s wake after mimicking celebration
“The two Nigerian youngsters were discussing football players. One is a fan of Messi and the other was for Ronaldo,” a police inspector said.
The victim threw a glass at Michael during the quarrel, which caused small injuries. Michael then used the broken glass to assault Obina, who died due to heavy bleeding.