A 21-year-old Nigerian man allegedly killed his friend on Sunday night in Nalasopara, Palaghar district about 70 km away from Mumbai after an argument over Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi turned sour.
Michael Chukwuma, 21, used a shard of glass to attack his friend Obina Durumchukwu, 34, who was celebrating his birthday, following an argument over who the better player was — Ronaldo or Messi.
- Lionel Messi receives fourth Golden Shoe as Europe's top scorer
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes secret phone call to Lionel Messi, here's why
- Cristiano Ronaldo left out of Portugal squad for upcoming friendlies
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyes more FIFA success
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA 'The Best' Men's Player of the Year Award, Zinedine Zidane named Coach of the Year
- Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi on FIFA best player shortlist
“The two Nigerian youngsters were discussing football players. One is a fan of Messi and the other was for Ronaldo,” a police inspector said.
The victim threw a glass at Michael during the quarrel, which caused small injuries. Michael then used the broken glass to assault Obina, who died due to heavy bleeding.