BJP national president Amit Shah, who had come to Gujarat on Tuesday night, cut short his visit and rushed back to New Delhi Wednesday afternoon, said party sources. Shah is likely to return to his home state on October 29, they said.
Watch What Else is Making News
It is being speculated that his presence in Delhi had become necessary due to the fluid political situation in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh where a serious power struggle is going on in the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP). Shah has been called in to devise ways to convert this hour of crisis in the SP to the benefit of the BJP, sources said. Shah is expected to cobble up an alliance with rebel SP leaders and may rope them in to join the BJP, like Shivpal Yadav and his supporters, said sources.
Shah was expected to take important decisions on statutory postings in government boards and corporations. These posts have been kept vacant for a long time now, causing stir among party rank and file.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest