The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Saturday briefed reporters to announce the suspension of P.N. Jayanthan in the wake of rape charges against him, but party MLA K. Radhakrishnan managed to invite more criticism during his address by naming the rape victim.
While making the statement announcing the suspension of Jayanthan before the media, Radhakrishnan named the gangrape victim. When prodded by journalists not to reveal the name of the victim, he sternly said, “So you can name Jayanthan , but you can’t name the victim? That’s not right.”
The CPI-M decided to sack Jayanthan, a municipal councillor, after he was accused by a woman of raping her two years ago. She alleged that Jayanthan and three others raped her and threatened to kill her if she disclosed the incident. With covered faces, she and her husband appeared on Thursday to narrate the incident in front of reporters.
The CPM leader’s decision to name the gangrape victim invited stern criticism. BJP state president Kummanam Rajasekharan said that Radhakrishnan should be arrested for the “serious crime”. “According to IPC 228A, Radhakrishnan has committed a serious crime and violated the Supreme Court instruction in this regard,” Kummanam said in a press statement, reported Manorama Online.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016