Blaming “political goondas” of the CPI(M) for the murder of a 25-year-old BJP worker in Kerala on Wednesday, the saffron outfit demanded a CBI probe into the killing, saying it has no faith in the state police and the Left government.
BJP spokesperson G V L Narasimha Rao said the Left parties are “unnerved” following the “successful” conclave of the BJP’s National Council in the state recently and the incidents of violence against the saffron workers have been on the rise since they came to power as they see BJP as a major force.
“He has been hacked to death by political goondas of the Left. A systematic witch hunt has been started by them against our workers. The CPI(M) has unleashed political terrorism against us. Is this the democracy it believes it?” he said at a press conference.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“We demand that the case be handed over to the CBI,” Rao said.
The BJP worker, Prenith, was hacked to death at Pinarayi, the home town of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, an incident which comes two days after the murder of CPI(M) activist in the district.
The BJP leader rubbished the charge that saffron activists were involved in the murder of the CPI(M) worker, saying the accused were masked and the government should probe all cases of violence.
Tragically, Rao said, Prenith’s father was also killed allegedly by the Left workers in 2002.
The Left is in the grip of fear that if it loses Kerala, then it will never come back to power as is the case in Bengal and be erased from India, he alleged.
In all the cases of violence against BJP and RSS workers in Kerala, justice has never been done, he said.