Three youths on Sunday tried to vandalise the CPI(M) headquarters here as the police detained one of them.
The attack came in the backdrop of the raging row over an event at the JNU campus against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While the CPI(M) said the attackers were RSS-BJP workers who also hurled stones, the police said the detainee claimed to be member of an outfit called the ‘Aam Aadmi Sena’.
- Kerala: Bombs hurled at LDF victory rallies in Kannur, one dead
- JNU row: Sitaram Yechury gets threat calls, Delhi Police hints at legal action
- Delhi: Three arrested for attack on CPM office
- Political murders rock Kerala: Two killed in 24 hours
- CPI (M) worker hacked to death allegedly by RSS-BJP men in Kannur
- Month on, no breakthrough in CPM office attack case
“Three youths came to the office of CPI(M) where they sprayed black ink on the wall of the office building. While, two of them managed to flee, one was held by CPI(M) workers and handed over to police,” DCP (New Delhi) Jatin Narwal said.
“The youth, identified as Sushant Khosla, told police that he is a member of the Aam Aadmi Sena. We have initiated legal action in connection with the matter and investigation has been taken up,” he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Confirming the attack, CPI(M) General Sitaram Yechury said “they tried to write slogans like Pakistan Zindabad at our office board. They were pursued by our comrades and one of them was caught and handed over to the police.”
“We condemn this attack. The RSS which venerates the assassins of Mahatma Gandhi, is now branding the most secular democratic force, the CPI(M), as anti-national.
“We do not need certificates of patriotism from the murderers of Gandhi. We will meet this challenge politically,” he said.
“The RSS is doing this to divert attention from the complete mess they have brought to the country in terms of economic and social conditions. They want to divert the attention of the people by whipping communal polarisation,” Yechury said.
CPI(M) sources said the youths threw stones and shouted slogans like ‘CPI(M) Desh Chhodo’ (CPI-M quit the country).
CPI National Secretary D Raja strongly condemned the attack on the CPI(M) office and said “the Sangh Parivar cannot subvert our democratic political system and the constitutional arrangement of our polity.”
“If they have anything to argue, they can argue but they should not resort to such cowardly and uncivilised attacks,” Raja said.