A young couple were found dead on the railway tracks near the MHADA colony on Ramtekdi-Sasane Nagar road in Pune in the early hours of Saturday. Police have identified the deceased as Shubham Rajesh Chavan (21) and Ashwini Gopal Gavade (18), both residents of Shindevasti area in Hadapsar.
Police suspect the couple could have committed suicide since Shubham’s parents had planned his wedding with another girl. No suicide note has been found so far.
- Youth, minor girl in love commit suicide in Rajkot
- Lucknow: Cop, wife held for daughter’s death
- Pune techie, wife and four-year-old child found dead inside flat
- Businessman suspects it could be a tactic to derail probe, cops say they followed rules
- Pune: IT professional, wife, child found dead in home
- Couple found dead, police say they ‘jumped off building after slashing their wrists’
The investigation so far has revealed that Shubham and Ashwini were neighbours and wanted to get married. Shubham left home around 10.30 pm on Friday and Ashwini left her residence without informing anybody, police said.
Their families started looking for them when the two did not return home till late night. Around 2 am on Saturday, the families lodged missing persons’ complaints.