A young couple were found dead on the railway tracks near the MHADA colony on Ramtekdi-Sasane Nagar road in Pune in the early hours of Saturday. Police have identified the deceased as Shubham Rajesh Chavan (21) and Ashwini Gopal Gavade (18), both residents of Shindevasti area in Hadapsar.
Police suspect the couple could have committed suicide since Shubham’s parents had planned his wedding with another girl. No suicide note has been found so far.
- Mum and dad dead in 2008, he sees uncle and aunt as parents now
- Maid working at IAS officer's home ‘commits suicide’
- Bodies of Punjab couple found hanging from tree in Goa, police suspect suicide
- Police identify victim’s 5 friends who play Blue Whale, alert parents
- Teenager commits suicide, family suspects Blue Whale in Panchkula
- Blue Whale Challenge: 16-year-old boy commits suicide in Panchkula, mother says he was addicted
The investigation so far has revealed that Shubham and Ashwini were neighbours and wanted to get married. Shubham left home around 10.30 pm on Friday and Ashwini left her residence without informing anybody, police said.
Their families started looking for them when the two did not return home till late night. Around 2 am on Saturday, the families lodged missing persons’ complaints.