A youth, who was rounded up for assaulting policemen during Dussehra celebrations in Karimnagar, allegedly committed suicide at his house here following which a police sub-inspector was placed under suspension. According to Karimnagar Police Commissioner V B Kamalasan Reddy, four persons were taken into custody on Tuesday for assaulting cops at Manakondur, during the Dussehra procession.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
They were later brought to Manakondur police station here but were later set free on the intervention of their village Sarpanch, the officer said.
One of the youths, K Shravan (24), after his release, ended his life last night, by hanging himself from the ceiling of his residence.
Enraged, the relatives of Shravan alongwith some villagers attacked Manakondur police station, manhandled the inspector and ransacked the furniture there, Commissioner said.
Following the incident, Sub Inspector Vamshi Krishna was suspended, he said.
A case under relevant sections was registered based on the complaint given by family members of Shravan. At the same time, another case was registered for ransacking and attacking the police station, Reddy said.