A 23-year-old police constable posted on sentry duty at the office of the elite anti-terrorist force – OCTOPUS – at Begumpet area in Hyderabad died on the evening of June 19 in an incident of “accidental firing”, police said.
Shiva Kumar, was on sentry duty at the office of Organisation to Counter Terrorist Operations (OCTOPUS) and there was an “accidental firing” incident resulting in his death, Assistant Commissioner of Police Venkateshwerlu said.
“He was relieving his duty at around 6 PM when there was an accidental firing from the 9 MM pistol (service weapon) he was carrying,” the police officer told PTI.
- Kangana Ranaut's Queen south remake stars Kajal Aggarwal, here's the first look
- Maria Sharapova opens up on her relationship with Grigor Dimitrov, says 'his good memory was my bad memory'
- Decide on facilities for kids staying with women inmates: Bombay HC
- Fresh plea in Supreme Court backing deportation of illegal Rohingyas from India
- SEBI to hire agency to strengthen IT infrastructure
- Jammu and Kashmir: Two soldiers injured in Poonch as Pakistan violates ceasefire
Kumar, a special police constable, was attached to 13th battalion of Telangana Police and had been posted at OCTOPUS office since 2013, the ACP said, adding the constable hailed from Adilabad district of the state.
Panjagutta Police registered a case of suspicious death under section 174 of CrPC.
They said investigations were underway.