A 23-year-old police constable posted on sentry duty at the office of the elite anti-terrorist force – OCTOPUS – at Begumpet area in Hyderabad died on the evening of June 19 in an incident of “accidental firing”, police said.
Shiva Kumar, was on sentry duty at the office of Organisation to Counter Terrorist Operations (OCTOPUS) and there was an “accidental firing” incident resulting in his death, Assistant Commissioner of Police Venkateshwerlu said.
“He was relieving his duty at around 6 PM when there was an accidental firing from the 9 MM pistol (service weapon) he was carrying,” the police officer told PTI.
- Three SCR stations to have all-women staff from tomorrow
- Chhattisgarh: 10 Maoists, one constable killed in encounter in Pujarikanker forest
- Bid to attack Srinagar security camp foiled, CRPF man killed in gunfight
- Shopian firing: SC restrains J&K police from taking coercive steps against Army officer
- Father of officer booked for Shopian moves SC: Firing to control terror mob
- Shopian firing: Major Aditya Kumar’s father moves Supreme Court for quashing of FIR
Kumar, a special police constable, was attached to 13th battalion of Telangana Police and had been posted at OCTOPUS office since 2013, the ACP said, adding the constable hailed from Adilabad district of the state.
Panjagutta Police registered a case of suspicious death under section 174 of CrPC.
They said investigations were underway.