THE ABSCONDING constable couple, Dinesh and Tarakeshwari Rathod, who claimed to have reached the Mount Everest summit on May 23 but was later found to have ‘doctored’ their photos of achievement, is likely to appear before the probe panel next week.
Watch What Else is Making News
“The couple has nothing to hide. They will appear before the probe panel after Diwali and prove their innocence,” said advocate Ramesh Rathod, who is also their close relative.
The advocate said the couple did not appear before the Pune police all this while as they were busy seeking information under the Right to Information Act from the Pune police, State Director General of Police and Prime Minister’s Office.
“We have received the RTI response and they speak poorly of the Pune police. The police have been claiming that they could not investigate the couple as they didn’t show up before the probe panel,” Advocate Rathod said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The advocate said Rathods were investigated for hours by the Pune police. “From 8 am to midnight, the couple was probed by the police. This happened at least twice. Also, Tarakeshwari was made to sit for the probe late night, which violates the rules pertaining to women’s safety. An ACP had carried out the probe. How can the police claim that they had not investigated the couple,” said the advocate.
The couple refused to respond to repeated phone calls. Two months ago, when The Indian Express had contacted the couple, they had promised to hold a press conference and place before the media all the documents and evidence regarding their trek to the peak’s summit. “We have all the evidence to prove that we reached the summit of Everest and will place them before the world. There is nothing fake in our claim,” said Tarakeshwari.