Strongly condemning BJP for trying to take political mileage for Army’s “surgical strikes” in the Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir (PoK), Leader of Opposition in the state assembly and senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela asked BJP-led NDA government at the Centre “to provide proof of the Army’s action to clear the doubts arising in the mind of the people about the claims of the government”.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, he said that more than 400 “surgical strikes” had been undertaken by the Army during the Congress regime but the government never declared it nor did try to take any political advantage of it. “The Congress government also never claimed credit for capturing Lahore in 1965 war or creation of Bangladesh in 1971,” said Vaghela.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“But the current BJP government at the centre is trying to take political advantage of the Army’s action in forthcoming assembly elections in UP and Punjab by creating a war-like atmosphere and forcing people to migrate from border areas of Punjab,” alleged Vaghela. Stating that “Caesar’s wife must be above suspicion,” he demanded that the “BJP government must answer the questions arising in the minds of the people about the surgical strike.”
“Instead of giving credit to the Army and our brave jawans, BJP and RSS have gone into a contest to claim the credit for themselves for the action. This is election-oriented contest of BJP,” the Congress leader said.
Muslims laud Army
Meanwhile in Bharuch, Maharastra unit president of All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board Saiyed Alamgir Ashrafi on Tuesday evening said, “For the sake of our country, 22 crore Muslims of India will stand on the borders of India, and will be first to die from bullets.”