Hours after the BJP suspended its Lok Sabha MP Kirti Azad, the Congress said the ruling party was taking action against those fighting corruption.
“The suspension of Kirti Azad from the BJP is nothing but a manifestation of the corruption-philia that grips the BJP. It is yet another statement on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Amit Shah’s style of functioning that is nothing but ‘my way or the highway’,” said Congress communication department head Randeep Surjewala.
He said while people charged with wrongdoing — Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Chief Ministers Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh — were “sheltered by the Prime Minister’s immunity”, those who complain “against corruption are suspended”.
- Delhi HC slaps Rs 5000 cost on Kirti Azad for no response in DDCA case
- Why shouldn’t you be expelled, BJP asks Kirti Azad in notice
- Advani, other BJP veterans discuss Kirti Azad's suspension
- Day after suspension, Kirti Azad seeks ‘justice’ from PM Narendra Modi
- DDCA issue: BJP suspends Kirti Azad, Amit Shah says 'You sided with Cong, AAP to embarrass us'
- Suspended Kirti Azad to move BJP's Margdarshak Mandal, threatens to make 'more revelations'
“Is this what probity and accountability in public life is all about?” he asked.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted: “There is no democracy in BJP. Honest voices are muzzled to protect corruption.”