Congress on Friday suspended Meghalaya legislator Pynshngian N Syiem from the primary membership of the party for anti-party activities. Following the suspension of Syiem, who is also the Chief Executive Member of the Khasi Hill Autonomous District Council, five Congress members of the Council quit from the party in protest.
“I have been contacted by the AICC and got directions that P.N. Syiem should be placed under suspension for his anti-party activities,” state Congress President D.D.Lapang told journalists after a marathon meeting with party leaders.
The suspension of Syiem and consequent resignation of the five KHADC members from the Congress is significant as it comes ahead of the December 13 by-election to the six vacant seats in the 30-member KHADC.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing