A day after B S Yeddyurappa was named BJP’s Karnataka unit chief, Congress Saturday said appointment of “tainted” leaders has “exposed” BJP’s promise of probity.
“You have a PM who keeps tom-tomming about probity and then you see… allegedly the most tainted people being appointed BJP state presidents,” party spokesman Manish Tewari said. “Is it not a fact that when Yeddyurappa was CM, Lokayukta found him guilty? Is it not a fact that he had to resign?,” he asked.
- UP election results 2018: Cold Gorakhpur, Phulpur turn heat on BJP ahead of summer
- Gorakhpur, Phulpur bye-elections: Yogi Adityanath’s charisma vs SP-BSP combine
- UP parties pulling out all stops to win Gorakhpur, Phulpur bypolls
- Lotus will bloom again in Gorakhpur, Phulpur, says Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya
- Gorakhpur, Phulpur bye-election: Congress, SP to contest separately
- March 11 Lok Sabha bypolls: Congress announces faces for Gorakhpur, Phulpur seats
Criticising appointment of Keshav Prasad Maurya as UP BJP chief, he said: “He has ten cases against him including that of murder.”