Congress leader PL Punia on Wednesday rubbished talk of a Bihar-like “Grand Alliance” being formed in Uttar Pradesh, saying the Congress will fight all 403 seats.
“As far as the coalition is concerned, I am not in a position to say anything, but the message that we have received is that the Congress will fight elections from all 403 seats and we are making preparations for that.”
Congress poll strategist Prashant Kishor on Tuesday held a two hour long meeting with Mulayam Singh Yadav, who is trying t0 form an alliance of like-minded parties ahead of next year’s assembly polls.
Kishor met the SP leaders last evening and apparently discussed the possibility of an alliance before poll dates are announced.
Yadav currently is struggling to resolve a power tussle between his son and UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav, his younger brother. Mulayam Singh is said to favour such an alliance to counter the BJP and the BSP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016