Attacking Rahul Gandhi for his ‘dalali’ remark on the cross-LoC surgical strikes, BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia on Friday said the Congress was “politically bankrupt” and is making such comments out of “frustration”.
“The Congress is politically bankrupt and its comments out of frustration proves it,” Kalia said in a press note.
“When the entire world is congratulating the Indian Army and the government for its anti-terrorism operation (surgical strikes), the Congress and its leaders are playing the role of an irresponsible opposition,” the BJP leader alleged.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
“Rahul Gandhi’s remarks ‘khoon ki dalali’ on the surgical strikes is shameful. Such comments will lower the army’s morale,” he said.
The former minister said, “Rahul Gandhi and his party’s leaders should be given a lesson in history on the opposition’s role during the 1965 and 1971 wars.”
“They (Congress) instead of making useless comments on the army’s surgical strikes should either remain silent or use responsible language,” he added.