Congress MLA from Jamnagar (rural) Raghavji Patel was allegedly attacked by three persons after they intercepted his vehicle near Falla village in Jamnagar district of Gujarat, police said today. Accused Manharsinh Jadeja, who was identified by Patel, and his two unidentified accomplices forced the MLA’s driver to stop the vehicle when he was on his way from Jamnagar town to Throl village last night, they said.
“They then attacked him with a baseball stick allegedly while demanding that the MLA help them get a government contract to construct a road at Vanthali village in the district,” inspector of Panchkoshi police station, Vishna Kamliya said.
“An FIR was filed by Patel against Jadeja and two others, in which he said that he was attacked by three persons who abused him and threatened to kill him if he did not help them get the said contract. He managed to escape unhurt after,” she said.
An FIR Police has been lodged under relevant sections of the IPC including sections 504 (intentional insult to provoke breach of peace) and 506 (B)(punishment for criminal intimidation).
“I told him that contract is a matter of the government and I cannot help him in any way. Upon this, he attacked me with the stick but my driver sped off so I was not hurt,” Patel claimed.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Police said they have started search operations but arrests have been made so far.