The BJP today hit back at the Congress in the wake of alleged encounter of eight SIMI activists by Madhya Pradesh police, saying the latter was ostensibly seeking to protect the terrorists.
“They (SIMI activists) must have thought the Congress was a safer place than the jail (and hence escaped). By speaking in support of the terrorists, Congress leaders seem to be trying to protect them,” BJP national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh alleged at a press conference here today.
He was countering Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh’s attack on BJP in the wake of the alleged encounter that took place in Bhopal on October 31.
“It is unfortunate that the Congress is seeking to link terrorism with religion. The Congress leaders who are expressing sympathy towards the slain terrorists…why are they not talking about the police constable who was killed in the encounter,” Siddharth said.
Referring to Digvijaya’s poser why only Muslims escaped from the prison, the BJP leader remarked that they might have felt the Congress to be a safer place for them. Siddharth said that BJP will organise a rally at Tadepalligudem in West Godavari district on November 26 to highlight farmers’ issues. BJP chief Amit Shah will address the rally.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More