Congress leader Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil today castigated Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for his “inability” to sack Tribal Welfare Minister Vishnu Savara despite the Bombay High Court’s observations regarding the government’s handling of malnutrition and infant deaths. Talking to reporters here, the Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly said, Fadnavis is incapable of acting against “inefficient and corrupt” ministers.
“Death of tribals is the policy of this government,” he said, adding the BJP-led government has failed to control malnutrition and infant deaths.
“Due to corruption and inefficiency of the minister concerned, the issue has assumed serious proportions,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Supreme Court and now the Bombay High Court have taken the government to task on this matter, he said.
“Fadnavis should have shown Savara the door owning moral responsibility…The responsibility should also have been fixed on bureaucrats and officials of the department concerned. It is unfortunate that Fadnavis is shielding the corrupt and inefficient authorities,” he said.
In the Supreme Court, government did not direct the prosecution to put forth its stand. In the high court, the government tried to mislead the court with figures, he alleged.
“Had the government been sensitive, it would have sacked Savara by now,” he said.
“Irate tribals have barred Savara from entering Palghar, his home district. There are agitations outside his home and still Fadnavis has not acted against the minister,” Vikhe Patil said.