Slamming the Congress and other parties for their demand for a judicial probe into alleged encounter killing of 8 SIMI operatives, BJP on Monday denounced it as “vote bank” politics and an attempt to hit the morale of uniformed forces fighting terrorists to keep people safe.
Watch Else is Making News
Its spokesperson GVL Narsimha Rao rejected questions raised over the authenticity of the encounter, insisting that BJP governments at the Centre and states pursue a police of “zero tolerance” against terror and “any other considerations” do not matter to them.
People of the country will not put up with such nonsense in the name of human rights, he said. “This is an attempt to hit the morale of our forces and is politically-motivated.”
He said the Congress sees such incidents involving “terrorists with a particular religious denomination” as an opportunity to seize and turn these incidents into a political opportunity.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“This is what I call ‘khoon ki dalali’,” he said quoting Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi’s barb at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the army’s surgical strikes across the LoC.
While Congress leaders do not find time to shed a tear for soldiers killed on borders or the deceased head constable, whose throat was slit by the SIMI operatives during their escape from jail last night before they were killed by police, they want to be seen to standing with forces which are a threat to the national unity, Rao alleged.
He raked up the alleged anti-national sloganeering in the JNU campus and Congress leaders attack on the government over the surgical strikes to claim that their questioning of the SIMI encounter was political motivated.
“Instead of boosting the morale of security forces and police, these political parties want to be seen with the forces which are a threat to the unity of India. They are doing so for the reason of vote bank politics,” he said, accusing the Left parties, AAP, JD(U) besides the Congress of supporting the ‘Bharat ki barbadi’ gang.
In any country such a success will be hailed by all political parties, he said, referring to the encounter deaths.
It is discomforting and disgusting to see political parties to be sympathising with “terrorists”, he said, accusing them of practising “perverse secularism” with hopes to appease a section of electorate.
Such political parties will meet their political waterloo if they persist with such politics, he claimed.
Noting that three of the eight terror suspects had escaped in 2013 as well, the BJP leader said these slain SIMI operatives had committed grave crime against humanity and were charged with carrying out blasts and murders.
Rejecting demands of judicial probe, he said the Congress had zero credibility in the fight against terrorism and spoke about its stand on earlier terror cases like the one involving Ishrat Jahan to target it.