The Congress on Wednesday ridiculed Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat’s comment on cow vigilantes that all Gau rakshaks are not bad.
Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit said, “We all know that there are a few good people, the problem is that the bad ones the few hooligans are dominating all. What happened with Akhlakh’s family? These were the people who committed wrong. We have problem with those who are creating trouble on the name of Gauraksha. And whenever we catch such people it is found that they belong to one of the RSS affiliated groups.”
Asserting that Gau rakshaks (Cow protectors) operate within the ambit of the rule of law, Bhagwat said that ‘gau raksha’ is an integral part of the Constitution and added that there are some ‘divisive forces’ in the country who are bent on portraying the members of the community in a negative light.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Small farmers are dependent on cows and their progeny. There are cow protection laws in various states. Many communities like Jains are involved in Gau raksha. Gau rakshaks are good people, but they should work under the law and Constitution,” he said while delivering his annual address on Vijayadashami.
Bhagwat said that there is a need to identify real Gau rakshaks from the fake ones since an attempt is being made by some forces to mislead the entire nation.
“We need to be careful against these divisive forces. We need to unite society so that such elements do not take advantage.