The Indian Coast Guard on Sunday apprehended a Pakistani boat off the coast of Gujarat. Nine crew members are being questioned by authorities.
In a statement issued by the Coast Guard PRO, Wing Commander Abhishek Matiman said: “In the prevailing security scenario, wherein enhanced vigil with deployment of ships and aircraft by the Indian Coast Guard is being exercised off the Gujarat coast, the Indian Coast Guard ship Samudra Pavak apprehended a Pakistani boat with 09 crew members at about 1015 hours today.”
What else is making news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
A preliminary inquiry indicated that the crew were Pakistani fishermen, however, the boat and the crew members are being escorted to Porbandar for further investigation.
The apprehension of the Pakistani boat comes days after the Indian Army conducted surgical strike across LoC, following which a high alert has been sounded across the land and sea border with the neighbouring country.
Earlier on Friday, the Coast Guard had said that sensitive sea areas off Gujarat coast have been “sanitised” and surveillance enhanced following India’s surgical strike on terror launch pads across the LoC.
The Coast Guard had also advised the fishing community and other stakeholders to maintain enhanced vigil and report any abnormal activity either at sea or in areas close to the coast.