A special court on Wednesday dismissed a plea seeking to summon former PM Manmohan Singh as defence witness in a coal block allocation case.
Special Judge Bharat Parashar rejected the plea of Jharkhand Ispat Pvt Ltd director R S Rungta, who sought to summon Singh and former MoS for coal Dasari Narayan Rao in a case pertaining to alleged irregularities in allocation of the North Dhadu coal block in Jharkhand.
The court said that from perusal of nature of charges framed against the accused in the case, it was clear that ministry proceedings, including two screening committee meets, were of no relevance to the case.
- In coal scam ruling, ‘no reason for Manmohan Singh to presume guidelines weren’t complied with’
- Coalscam: Court rejects plea to summon Manmohan Singh as defence witness
- No evidence to summon Manmohan Singh in Jindal coal case: CBI to court
- Coal scam: Ex-MoS backs plea to summon Manmohan; Jindal silent
- Coal scam: Madhu Koda seeks summoning of ex-PM Manmohan Singh
- Ex-coal secy hid facts from Manmohan: CBI to Court