Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday announced a subsidy of 50 per cent to give further boost to shrimp production in the state. A decision to this effect was taken by Badal while presiding over a meeting with fish rearers and fishery experts.
Badal further asked fish rearers to set up shrimp producer’s society with fair representation of fish farmers, experts of fishery from Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) and officials from the state fisheries department to enhance the Shrimp production on scientific lines.
He also directed the Additional Chief Secretary (Animal Husbandry, Dairy & Fisheries) to send the interested fish farmers for training at Indian Council for Agricultural Research-Central Institute of Fisheries Education (ICAR-CIFE), Rohtak to learn about the emerging techniques of shrimp production besides the significance of quality water check.
The Chief Minister also impressed upon the Fisheries department to send a delegation of progressive farmers from the state to Andhra Pradesh to update their knowledge about the latest techniques of shrimp production, an official release said.
The Chief Minister also assured fish farmers that he would soon take up the case of allotting an ICAR-CIFE Centre for Punjab with Government of India to promote fishery in a big way on the pattern of one such Centre already existing in Rohtak (Haryana).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also gave a nod to the department for the purchase of insulated vehicle for the transportation of shrimp from the fish farms to the nearest fish market outlets.