Cornering the BJP, all other political parties in the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Wednesday passed a resolution in the general body meeting to condemn Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ reported statement that the work of implementing the Pune metro rail project would be given to the Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation.
Raising the issue in the meeting, corporators of NCP, Congress, MNS and Shiv Sena said, “The plan of state government to give Pune metro rail work to Nagpur metro rail corporation would affect the identity of the city. The project should be implemented by the Pune Metro Rail Corporation formed for the project,” they said.
The corporators then tabled a resolution to condemn the chief minister’s statement. The resolution was passed by 62 votes, including those of Shiv Sena, in favour of it while 12 votes against it were by the BJP corporators.
Mayor Prashant Jagtap directed the civic administration that any proposal on metro rail project of the city should be tabled by Pune Metro Rail Corporation.
NCP leader Shankar Kemse, Congress leader Arvind Shinde and MNS leader Kishor Shinde also said that they would not allow implementation of the state government’s plan.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The PMC is contributing its 10 per cent in the expenditure on Pune metro rail corporation so there is no reason to shift the work to Nagpur metro rail corporation. It is against the self-esteem of the city to outsource the work to some other city’s rail corporation and directly raises doubt over the efficiency of Puneites,” they said.
Defending the CM, BJP leader Ganesh Bidkar said that his intention was to just speed up the work of Pune metro rail project and reduce expenditure by jointly conducting the work on Pune and Nagpur metro rails.
City units of various political parties, except the BJP, would be holding demonstrations at the Pune station on Thursday to oppose the state government’s plan and press for implementing the project through Pune Metro Rail Corporation.