Cornering the BJP, all other political parties in the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Wednesday passed a resolution in the general body meeting to condemn Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ reported statement that the work of implementing the Pune metro rail project would be given to the Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation.
Raising the issue in the meeting, corporators of NCP, Congress, MNS and Shiv Sena said, “The plan of state government to give Pune metro rail work to Nagpur metro rail corporation would affect the identity of the city. The project should be implemented by the Pune Metro Rail Corporation formed for the project,” they said.
The corporators then tabled a resolution to condemn the chief minister’s statement. The resolution was passed by 62 votes, including those of Shiv Sena, in favour of it while 12 votes against it were by the BJP corporators.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Mayor Prashant Jagtap directed the civic administration that any proposal on metro rail project of the city should be tabled by Pune Metro Rail Corporation.
NCP leader Shankar Kemse, Congress leader Arvind Shinde and MNS leader Kishor Shinde also said that they would not allow implementation of the state government’s plan.
“The PMC is contributing its 10 per cent in the expenditure on Pune metro rail corporation so there is no reason to shift the work to Nagpur metro rail corporation. It is against the self-esteem of the city to outsource the work to some other city’s rail corporation and directly raises doubt over the efficiency of Puneites,” they said.
Defending the CM, BJP leader Ganesh Bidkar said that his intention was to just speed up the work of Pune metro rail project and reduce expenditure by jointly conducting the work on Pune and Nagpur metro rails.
City units of various political parties, except the BJP, would be holding demonstrations at the Pune station on Thursday to oppose the state government’s plan and press for implementing the project through Pune Metro Rail Corporation.