Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Saturday distributed portfolios to the 10 ministers who were sworn in on Monday, relieving his uncle and state Samajwadi Party president Shivpal Yadav of two departments while allocating transport department to Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, who has been reinducted in the cabinet after being dismissed on graft charges.
Before he was sacked on September 12, Prajapati was holding the portfolio of the mining department. He was dismissed in a move that was largely seen as Akhilesh’s effort to refurbish the image of the government ahead of next year’s polls. The development, however, had triggered a major political crisis in the state.
Watch What Else is Making News
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to a Raj Bhawan release issued here, Shanklal Majhi has been given social welfare, sainik kalyan and SC/ST welfare departments while Minister for Sericulture and Textiles Mehboob Ali has been given the additional charge of minor Irrigation.
So far Shivpal had been looking after the social welfare and minor irrigation departments.
Manoj Kumar Pandey, who returned to the ministry after a brief gap, has been given electronics and information technology, while Ziauddin Rizvi, who could not take oath in the ministry expansion in June and was sworn in this week, has been made minister for animal husbandry department.
Yasir Shah, who had been looking after the transport department, has been given trade tax and registration (commercial tax) departments, while Shiva Kant Ojha has got medical health department.
Both the trade tax and medical health were so far with the chief minister.
Of the three who were promoted to Cabinet rank in the latest rejig, Riaz Ahmed has been given fisheries and public enterprises, Ravidas Mehrotra has been given family welfare, mother and child welfare, while Narendra Verma has been given cane development and sugar mills.
Abhishek Mishra will continue to hold vocational education and skill development charge.
After the latest expansion carried out on Monday, the Akhilesh Yadav government now has 32 Cabinet ministers, nine ministers of state (MoS) with independent charge and 19 MoS.