The one-member committee headed by senior Congress leader Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday started the probe to find the reasons that led to the October 6 clash between warring factions in Haryana Congress in which PCC chief Ashok Tanwar was injured. Members of rival factions of Haryana Congress led by Tanwar and former chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda clashed at Bhairon Mandir on October 6 while welcoming Rahul Gandhi’s UP road show and yatra on the last day.
Sources said Shinde met Hooda and his MP son Deepinder Singh Hooda, besides CLP leader Kiran Chaudhary and Tanwar. Shinde will meet other leaders from the state Congress at the party’s headquarters in Delhi. Sources add that while Tanwar put forth his stand that Hooda supporters manhandled him on October 6, Hooda on his part claimed that he had nothing to do with the clash as he was not present at the time and the supporters of both fought over posters.
Shinde is likely to meet Haryana Congress legislators supporting Hooda to know the other side of the story. He will also meet Tanwar’s supporters. Congress had asked Shinde to probe the clash between members belonging to rival factions of Haryana Congress which left state unit chief Ashok Tanwar seriously injured ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s road show on October 6. Factionalism in the Haryana Congress came to the fore on October 6 when supporters of Tanwar and former Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda clashed at the Bhairon Mandir here while waiting to welcome Rahul’s Kisan Yatra.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tanwar sustained injuries during the scuffle and was admitted to RML Hospital where Rahul and several other top Congress leaders visited him.