Returning To Roots
HAILING FROM a backward area of Jammu region, Chief Justice of India Tirath Singh Thakur will give something back to his home district of Ramban. Next week, the CJI is scheduled to visit Ramban with many Supreme Court judges to inaugurate a new library in the district courts complex. The library will be named after the CJI’s father late Justice D D Thakur, who was a renowned jurist and politician. The CJI will also inaugurate a school building in the area.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
PRIME MINISTER Narendra Modi Sunday visited Vijay Ghat and paid respects to former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his birth anniversary. And so did Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. In fact, the remembrance day event this time was organised by the Delhi government and the invitation was in Kejriwal’s name. While L K Advani visited Vijay Ghat and Union minister Venkaiah Naidu represented the government, none of the senior Congress leaders, barring former PM Manmohan Singh, turned up at Shastri’s samadhi to pay homage to the late Congress PM. While Congress president Sonia Gandhi is recuperating from illness, party vice-president Rahul Gandhi was away in Uttar Pradesh on his yatra.
Minister of State Kiren Rijiju has lent a helping hand to Adnan Sami, the Pakistani singer who has now taken Indian citizenship. Sami had lauded the Indian Army for its “surgical strikes” across the LoC, which did not go down well with Internet trolls in Pakistan. He was trolled on social media by Pakistanis, who termed him a “gaddar (traitor)”. On Sunday, Rijiju stepped into the debate and tweeted his support for Sami: “Don’t worry, whole of Indian fans love you.”
ALWAYS EAGER to stamp her presence in artistic circles, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has now composed a theme song for a south Kolkata club’s Durga Puja in which state PWD Minister Aroop Biswas is an active member. The song, “Prithibi Ektai Desh (world is one country)”, talks about universal brotherhood, harmony and peace. It has been sung by Palak Muchhal, with Jeet Ganguly rendering the music composition.