Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel on Friday expressed his unhappiness over insanitation in the city and alleged that the civic bodies and Delhi government “do not work” to maintain cleanliness. “They do not work. MCD does not work, PWD and Delhi government do not work. It’s such a big system that if everyone does work cleanliness can be maintained,” Goel said at an award function to felicitate persons associated with cleanliness movements in the country. Highlighting the achievements of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Goel said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has sent across a “message” and now people have started thinking about cleanliness.
“The Prime Minister has given a message. People have started thinking about things like littering. Even if you dont pick up a piece of paper and lodge it in a dustbin you think it should be there,” he said. Emphasising the role of people in realising the dream of clean India, the Minister said that he himself dreamt of a project wherein a special 15-day campaign was launched by all the agencies including MCDs, NDMC, and DDA to make the city clean.
Many representatives of NGOs working in the field of sanitation in different parts of the country were felicitated by the Minister during the programme organised by Delhi Study Group.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage