A jawan of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and his wife allegedly hanged themselves and their eight months old daughter at Manikpur area of South East Coal Fields Ltd in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The deceased were identified as Sanjay Kumar Mandal (29) who hailed from West Bengal’s 24 Pargana district, his wife Rinki (25) and their baby daughter.
Police said a fellow CISF jawan visited Sanjay’s house yesterday afternoon. As nobody responded despite knocking on the door and pressing the door-bell, he climbed on the balcony of the house and peered through the window to find three hanging bodies.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch What Else Is Making News:
Manikpur police sent the bodies for autopsy. Top officials of CISF also visited the spot. CISF officials said that Sanjay had faced departmental inquiry some days ago when he was found to be carrying Rs 1,400 with him while on duty.
CISF jawans are not allowed to carry more than Rs 500 on them while on duty, so the extra cash was considered as bribe money and inquiry was started.
But later it was established that the money belonged to someone Sanjay knew. Police said prima facie it was a case of suicide, and further probe was on.