A CISF constable killed two of his colleagues before shooting himself and his pregnant wife in Ratnagiri on Tuesday night, the police said Wednesday. The condition of the constable and his wife, who have been admitted to a hospital, is critical.
According to the police, 36-year-old Harish Kumar Gound had returned to the armoury department to deposit his rifle when he got into a verbal altercation with Assistant Sub-Inspector Balu Ganpati Shinde (58). After a heated exchange, Gound shot Shinde in the chest and also fired two rounds in the air. While making his way to the staff quarters, he saw constable Raneesh P (28) approaching towards him. Expecting that Raneesh would apprehend him, Gound shot him dead as well, said police.
- Another cop commits suicide by shooting himself in Chennai
- Chhattisgarh: Exchange of fire between between CISF and suspected Maoists in Dantewada, no casualties yet
- CISF constable allegedly shoots wife, colleague in Jammu over suspicion of extra-marital affair
- CISF constable kills two colleagues, shoots at wife, self
- CISF jawan shoots self with AK-47 at Metro station
- CISF jawan shoots dead three colleagues at Kalpakkam nuclear power plant
After reaching his residence, he allegedly shot his wife and later himself. On hearing the commotion, Gound’s neighbours reached his room and took the couple to a nearby hospital.
It is not clear what triggered Kumar to shoot his colleagues, said police.
“We are investigating the matter. We have registered a case of murder and attempt to murder against Gound, said Prashant Burde, Inspector General (Konkan Range).
Meanwhile, the CISF has ordered an internal probe.
Meanwhile CISF has ordered an internal inquiry in the fratricide. An Additional Superintendent rank officer of the CISF has reached the spot and is probing the incident.