• Associate Sponsor

Chinkara poaching case: Rajasthan govt to appeal against Salman Khan’s acquittal

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: October 19, 2016 4:12 pm
salman-driver The key witness in the poaching case Harish Dulani, who resurfaced on Wednesday, told media that he was forced into hiding after receiving threats. (Source: NDTV)

The Rajasthan government Thursday offered protection to a key witness in the chinkara poaching case, and decided to appeal against Salman Khan’s acquittal in the Supreme Court, news channel NDTV reported.

The key witness in the poaching case Harish Dulani, who resurfaced on Wednesday, told media that he was forced into hiding after receiving threats. Dulani added that he stands by his statement made in the court against Salman.

WATCH VIDEO: Trouble For Salman Khan In Chinkara Poaching Case: Find Out Why

“I have said what I wanted to say in courts. I was a driver with them for a week. I was threatened and hence I went out (of Jodhpur). I just need protection…I said what I wanted to say in courts, now I don’t want to comment on it. Yes, I stand by my statement and if court summons me, I will go. When was I missing?” Dulani said.

Dulani informed the Forest Department about the alleged chinkara poaching and recorded his statement before a magistrate. A lower court convicted Salman in 2006 in the poaching case, but its verdict was overturned by the Rajasthan High Court earlier this week over lack of evidence.

Dulani claimed he was appointed as Salman’s driver during a film shooting in 1998, but the gypsy was being driven by Salman at the time of the alleged poaching. The defence counsel told court that Dulani is an unreliable witness and his earlier statement be struck down.

Anooj
    Jul 28, 2016 at 6:22 pm
    His acquittal apart, how many judicial scoundrels, how many police dogs, how many political scoundrels, how many agencies retired consultant scoundrels, how many local thugs, how many official thugs, how many Various unknown scoundrels will fleece money from Salman Khan. All those scoundrels eat SHT.
    (0)(0)
      SubbuI
      Jul 28, 2016 at 3:20 pm
      This announcement by Sanghi minister is indiract notice for more PETI i.e. For more bribe money from SALMAN bal
      (0)(0)
        sunny
        Jul 28, 2016 at 9:07 pm
        why only salman names pops up everytime TABBU ,NELAM ,SONALI BENDRE ,SAIF ALL WERE WITH HIM
        (0)(0)
        1. V
          vijay
          Jul 29, 2016 at 12:31 am
          Salman might have been the the ring leader moreover if TABBU,SONALI BENDRE,SAIF AND NEELAM WERE CHARGED ALONG WITH SALMAN THE CASE WILL WILL GET SOME KIND OF CLOSURE IN 2115 AD. SALMAN'S CASE IS STILL TICKING ON FOR ALMOST TWO DECADES AND THE GOVT OF RAJASTHAN HAS NOT REALISED THAT SALMAN CANNOT BE CONVICTED ON THE STRENGTH OF EVIDENCE.ALONE. UNLESS THEY HAVE A LAZY 100 CRORES BUY JUSTICE.SECONDLY, A GUILTY VERDICT AND SUBSEQUENT CUSTODIAL SENTENCE IS NOT GOING TO RESULT IN REPENTANCE OR REFORMATION OF THE VILLIAN AS THE DEED WAS DONE WHEN SALMAN WAS JUST OUT OUT OF HIS TEENS.HE MAY NOT EVEN REMEMBER THE INCIDENT AND MOST OF THE WITNESSES WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD AND GONE.IS THE BASIS IS BASED ON FRESH EVIDENCE?!! AND TRIED BY THE SAME JUDGES WHO ACQUITTED HIM.A GOOD ADVICE TO M/S VASUNDHARA RAGE IS TO CUT THE LOSS AND RUN RATHER THAN THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD AND COP ANOTHER SLAP ACROSS THE FACE.
          (0)(0)
            ashok s
            Jul 28, 2016 at 11:12 pm
            Now as such a delay has happened, its better charge him some monetary compensation for the forest tribals benefits. Give him communal device penalty ,let him off
            (0)(0)