Two CRPF jawans were Monday injured in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in the dense forest of Chhattisgarh’s worst insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
“The incident took place at around 9.20 AM when a patrolling team of CRPF’s 74th battalion was out on a road opening duty in Chintalnar police station area,” a senior police official told PTI.
While they were cordoning off a patch near Wallemagu rivulet between Chintalnar and Narsapuram villages, the jawans inadvertently stepped over the pressure IED (improvised explosive device) connection triggering the blast that left two of them injured, he said.
“Head Constable Parvinder and Constable P Sagar, belonging to CRPF’s 74th battalion sustained injuries in the blast,” he said.
Soon after the incident, reinforcement was rushed to the spot. The injured jawans were being evacuated from the forest, the police official added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016