A police jawan, who was critically injured in a blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur district in September, died at a private hospital in Raipur, police said on Monday. The ‘gopniya sainik’ (secret troop), identified as Abahiyya Jabba (23), belonging to state police, succumbed last evening at Ramkrishna Care Hospital in Raipur, a police official told PTI.
The wreath-laying ceremony of the jawan was held at the police battalion camp at Mana on the outskirts of the capital on Monday following which the body was sent to his native place in Bijapur, he said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
State Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra, Director General of Police A N Upadhyay and other senior police and CRPF officials paid tributes to the martyred jawan.
Abahiyya and another jawan had sustained injuries in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast detonated by ultras while a joint team of security forces was out on an anti-Maoist operation in the forest of Madded police station area on September 22.
Soon after the incident, he was airlifted to Raipur for treatment.