One 74 battalion Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Sub-Inspector lost his life in an IED blast in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma on Tuesday. This comes after two CRPF jawans were injured in an IED blast in Sukma yesterday. The two jawans were working on the safety of road construction when the incident took place.
At least one person was killed following an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion at Imphal’s Singjamei area earlier on Sunday. The incident took place at around 8:40 a.m. soon after a convoy of the Assam Rifles passed through the area.
The IED is suspected to be planted at the central median of the NH-102 road, which comes under the jurisdiction of Singjamei Police Station, Imphal West.
At the time of the blast, the deceased was sitting at the footpath in front of a cement shop. The blast also caused some damages to a scooter parked.
Top police officials headed by Superintendent of Police Herojit Singh and officials of the sixth battalion of Assam Rifles rushed to the blast site to take stock of the situation. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016